Tuesday 3 May 2011

BEST DRESSED: MET GALA 2011


The Costume Institute Benefit Gala took place in New York last night and saw many A-List celebrities from Sarah Jessica Parker, Blake Lively, Rihanna and Jessica Alba grace the red carpet. 
None of those, however, wowed me with their looks. 
For me, the top six were:

1. Jennifer Lopez
2. Ciara
3. Christina Ricci
4. Isabel Lucas
5. Beyonce
6. Dakota Fanning



WOW. Jennifer Lopez. Gucci. Amazing.
This is how to style make-up and hair with a red carpet gown. Jennifer always looks sensational and is definitely in my top ten style icons at the moment. Edgy, romantic, interesting, beautiful. 
 


Ciara looked beautiful in a romantic Prabal Gurung two-tone silk chiffon gown.


Christina Ricci wore a black lace Zac Posen fishtail gown. I love this gothic look. 

 

 Isabel Lucas wore a coral pleated Louis Vuitton gown which by itself wouldn't have made it onto my shortlist, however she accessorized with a beautiful pearl beaded headpiece and earrings and a tasseled handbag.  
 

The Emilio Pucci gown that Beyonce wore was stunning. The fishtail outline, cut out decolletage and symmetrical gold embroidery create a dramatic gown. I do, however, wish she'd made her hair and make up equally dramatic....they let her overall look down.


Dakota Fanning wore a Valentino tulle prom dress embellished with flowers. She made it on to my list purely due to the dress and not the way she wore it. If I was styling her I would have scraped her hair back into a high bun and given her dark rouge lips....she needs a lesson from J-Lo.


No comments:

Post a Comment